A journal of my experiences with breast cancer to inform those who are interested and to help any one else who might have just been diagnosed.

“[She] will have no fear of bad news; [her] heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.” Psalm 112:7

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Blessings

The most beautiful thing to come out of this situation has been the outpouring of love and kindness. I really appreciate every kind word, every prayer said on my behalf, every mention or comment. There have been times when I have cried when I have gotten an email or a comment. One blog friend, when she heard that I was changing the course of our schooling so that Katie could take over when I was too unwell to teach, arranged for a free membership to schoolhouseteachers. Another blog friend sent me this email...

Oh, Dear Phyllis,
I have been sucked off in a vortex as of late and just read some of
your posts last night at All Things Beautiful when I came to the part
about you being diagnosed with breast cancer, I went to the site and

read all of your posts there. I tried to reply two times, but it

didn't go through either time. I'm not sure why it didn't work, but
maybe I am supposed to e-mail you instead of putting my comment up on
the blog.

So here goes...

I am so sorry that you are going through this. Learning with your
family has been such a blessing to me. I have followed your blog from
the time I started blogging several years ago. You have taught my
children so much! In fact, when I told my husband about your
diagnosis, he "knew" exactly who I was talking about.

Please know that I will pray for you every day and I'll find a verse
to hang on my refrigerator to pray just for you. And I'll pray for you
now...

Dear Heavenly Father,

Hold Phyllis in the palm of your hand. Give her strength and courage
and peace. Guide the doctors' and give them wisdom to care for her.
Bless her.

Lift up her husband, and children, and dear friends that are there
with her. Show them your goodness and love through her healing. Grant
them freedom from worry and fear.

In Jesus' most holy and precious name,
Amen

Although we've never met face to face, please know that I hold you dear.

Blessings,


I will take all of these kind thoughts, words and prayers with me in my mind and heart for when I am feeling low during the treatments. 

If you are a blogger, you
 know how it is when you just post and you don't 
even know half the time whether anyone is reading or not. LOL To know that 
my life has touched some of yours in this way is just an amazing thing that has made 
all the blogging worth it.
Never fear...I believe that God has more plans for me here on earth before he calls me to his heavenly home. I may miss some weeks of blogging here and there, but I will keep on blogging when I can and when this is all over, I will be changed by the strength he gives me and the knowledge of all the love that has been shown me. 
Thank you.


"Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins 
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion, 
who satisfies your desires with good things…"
~Psalm 103:2-5

11 comments:

  1. Phyllis, I was just reading here to catch up on how things are with you. This post is beautiful...it brought tears to my eyes! I am so glad that you have so many people lifting you and your family up and supporting you. I think of and pray for you often. {{Hugs!!}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your refrigerator verse came to me today: Isaiah 40:31. It's hanging on my frig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are people half way across the world praying for you and your family! I think the homeschool community are one of the most supportive out there. You encourage everyone with your loving ways, it's our turn to do the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our blogs make this big world seem so much smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's odd the posts for this blog show up randomly in my reader, so I get to read large portions at once, and this post was great to see the encouragement you're getting, because you have encouraged me in homeschooling through your blog, so I'm glad you are getting encouragement too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Phyllis, I just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and send you my very best wishes. Cathy @ Nurturestore

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Phyllis, I have been catching up today. You have so many tough and confusing decisions to make. I wish you didn't have to go through this, but I know the Lord is with you. I will continue to pray for you. I wish I could do more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off thank you for taking the time out of your day to read and comment on my blog. Secondly, I LOVE the name of this blog "On the Mend" Such a great outlook for you to have and not just that but in my opinion the "right" outlook. I will say a prayer for you tonight to the One who heals. I was reading in Exodus last night where God promised to take plagues away from His people. Well I believe that He is the same God, yesterday, today and forever and that He loves you and knows exactly where you are in this process.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy oh my goodness gracious Phylis! You've been busy while I was away, haven't you? Oh sweet blogger friend, much love to you and your family on your journey. You are so gracious, caring and brave to share you story with us.

    Amanda

    PS
    "I have had the same thing...I am not sure why"
    Okay, you are either modest, delusional, or hilarious. My vote is for a fantastic combination of all three.

    ReplyDelete