A journal of my experiences with breast cancer to inform those who are interested and to help any one else who might have just been diagnosed.

“[She] will have no fear of bad news; [her] heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.” Psalm 112:7

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Oncology Radiologist

Viroon  Donavanik, M.D.

Viroon Donavanik, M.D.


"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him and I am helped,,,"
-Psalm 28:1, 6-7

Today we met with Dr. Donavanik, the oncology radiologist. We   went to his office in Elkton, so the trip was pretty easy and it took us a little less than an hour to get there. The office was pleasant and we had nice conversation with a couple of people in the waiting room. The nurse took us back to review the information on the forms and she asked me about my treatment for my neurological condition as her mother is being treated for something similar and is not responding to the medication they are giving her (a different one than mine). It was nice to feel helpful.
As the Dr. Guarino supposed, Dr. Donavanik was not pleased with how close the margins were from my last surgery. He needs to confer with Dr.Guarino, but it looks as if Dr. Donavanik is going to refer me to a surgeon so that more tissue can be taken before he feels comfortable beginning radiation therapy. Meanwhile, we are all waiting on the results of the Oncotype to come back to see if I will need regular chemotherapy. Another option instead of the surgery is a larger dose of radiation during the radiation therapy, but we all agreed that the surgery was a preferred option.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

5 comments:

  1. Still praying for you my friend. Thank you for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. We are praying...It will be wonderful to have the surgeries out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you all so much! It means so much!

      Delete