A journal of my experiences with breast cancer to inform those who are interested and to help any one else who might have just been diagnosed.

“[She] will have no fear of bad news; [her] heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.” Psalm 112:7

Friday, May 10, 2013

First Scans

Today's visit to the oncology radiologist had two purposes. First it was a "dry run" for how the radiation treatments would go as I went through the same process as I will when treatments begin. First I went into a little room in which I changed my shirt for a gown. Then I was led to the radiation room and I laid down on the table. My arms were put above my head in the mold that they had made for me. The technicians had the job of lining me up with the tattoos and the like to make sure I was perfectly in place. This took a few minutes. The scan took about five minutes and then it was over, and I  was free to go. First treatments begin on Monday.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. I never knew that was how chemo was done. With molds and all that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for comfort for you throughout these treatments.

    ReplyDelete