A journal of my experiences with breast cancer to inform those who are interested and to help any one else who might have just been diagnosed.

“[She] will have no fear of bad news; [her] heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.” Psalm 112:7

Monday, May 13, 2013

The First Treatment : 1/34

I began my first radiation treatment today. The actual radiation treatment was in two parts. The first part was from the side and then the machine moved. The technicians came back to make sure I was lined up correctly and then the machine came in towards the front. The actual radiation time was five minutes for the two. I could feel a warm, tingling sensation and afterwards I felt a little tender, like a mild burn. It surprised me that I would feel anything from the first treatment, but then again, my skin is sensitive. I hope that this doesn't mean I will have too much trouble with my skin. I will have treatments every week day from here on out an I will meet with the radiologist on Fridays. Unless something unusual comes up meanwhile, I will post after my meetings on Fridays to let you know how it is going. I have put a countdown on the sidebar to let you know how many treatments are left to go at any given day. It can't really filter out the weekends, so they are included in the timetable too, even though I don't get treatments on the weekends.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind thoughts.

8 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you. Thank you for sharing St. Augustine's prayer. That remind me I wanted to learn more about the Catholic Saints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for days of blessings and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was cuddling my baby daughter to sleep last night, and God brought you to mind and I prayed all the while snuggling with B2. I know how tough these days are and my prayer is that you know God holding you in His arms all through everything.
    Phyllis, is there a way to subscribe to these posts via email?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending healing energy to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thankful for you keeping me updated here --- praying for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your countdown widget. I hope it counts down the days til your treatment is through really fast. I hope they've given you lots of good cooling lotion to sooth your skin.

    ReplyDelete