A journal of my experiences with breast cancer to inform those who are interested and to help any one else who might have just been diagnosed.

“[She] will have no fear of bad news; [her] heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.” Psalm 112:7

Friday, June 7, 2013

Radiation Treatment, week 4

I am sitting in the changing room waiting for the radiation therapist to call me to the radiation therapy room. I only wait there for a few minutes. It is not a long time, but in that time I can see down the hall to the other room in which people are sitting in recliners as they get the chemotherapy treatments. And I am grateful. I say a small prayer for their recovery and to tell Him that I am grateful that my treatment is going so well. Yes, I am bone tired and I can't get done half the things I am used to doing. Yes, I am sore and red, but this is so small. Thank you all who are taking my hand and giving me a hug every once in awhile during this walk toward recovery. It means a lot more than I could ever say.

4 comments:

  1. You encourage me every time I read your posts. Thank you for writing these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the joy and encouragement you pass out, it would be impossible not to return some back to you. I find myself thanking God for your cheerful spirit, as often as I plead for your strength and health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing that you pray for the others as they are going through their difficult times too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest dear Phyllis. I agree with all of the above. You are the encouraging one! I'm still praying!

    ReplyDelete