A journal of my experiences with breast cancer to inform those who are interested and to help any one else who might have just been diagnosed.

“[She] will have no fear of bad news; [her] heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.” Psalm 112:7

Friday, June 14, 2013

Radiation Treatment, Week 5: Still Hanging In There


This has been the most difficult week yet in terms of fatigue and skin burn, {the doctor did describe some cream for it this time}, but I have nothing but gratitude for how easy it is for me.
One morning this week while waiting for my turn, I sat in the waiting room with a pre-teen girl and her mother. The girl had several blankets folded on her lap and she did not look well. She was scared because she had vomited the day before after her chemo treatment and she was afraid she was going to get sick again today. It seemed to be partially that she did not want the discomfort of being sick, and partly because she did not want the embarrassment of it. He mother was kind and reassuring, but I could see how painful this whole situation was to her. Of course. I can't imagine having to see my own child suffer like that.
Please add them to your prayer list this week. I don't know their names, but He will know who you are talking about. And, may gratitude linger in your heart for all that you have.
 photo friendshipfridaybutton_zps0d2cd9de.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Yes. We will lift her up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear you're handling things pretty good. I'll definitely add this family to my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continuing in prayer for you - and lifting up that sweet family too.

    ReplyDelete