A journal of my experiences with breast cancer to inform those who are interested and to help any one else who might have just been diagnosed.

“[She] will have no fear of bad news; [her] heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.” Psalm 112:7

Friday, February 21, 2014

Colonoscopy Results and Fear

The "little things" grow up, and all the "little things" we do with them makes a difference.
I had a colonoscopy done a few weeks ago and we discussed the results with the doctor this week. They found a polyp and removed it. The lab results indicated that it was in an advanced stage of pre-cancerous cells, which means that it was about to turn cancerous. It is now removed and since they are so slow growing, there is no need to check again for three years. This has brought up a fear in me that there is more cancer growing in various other parts of my body. I am sure that the recent death of my brother at the age of sixty has added to this fear, even though we don't think he died of cancer.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your brother. I'm praying for you and so thankful this polyp was removed now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you're more worried about it right now with everything going on, but I'll still be praying for you that it was nothing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you! My mother has had several polyps removed over the years. They do grow very slowly. I am sorry for the loss of your brother. I am sure that is compounding your fears right now. I am so sorry things are hard right now.
    BLessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you. May you have a peace that only God can give. You were on my heart yesterday. Prayed for you. God is good. Rest in that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh. It is just pouring on you right now. I continue to pray for you daily.

    I know this may sound contrite, but really, when you cannot seem to think clearly, just utter the words, Jesus, I trust in you. You may not even feel as though you trust, but saying the words, HE knows what is on your heart and mind. He will bring you comfort in some form.

    I will step up my prayers for you. I will pray for health and healing and for your peace of mind. I wish I could give you a big hug.

    Did you know that St. Peregrine is the patron saint of cancer patients? You probably do. I will start a novena for you.

    God bless you, Phyllis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can certainly understand your fear. I'll be specifically praying against this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a close friend who finished her breast cancer treatment two years ago and I know how worrying she finds every ache and pain and potential abnormality. I really feel for you with this recent stress.

    ReplyDelete