A journal of my experiences with breast cancer to inform those who are interested and to help any one else who might have just been diagnosed.

“[She] will have no fear of bad news; [her] heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.” Psalm 112:7

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 25, 2014 Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia

Today I had my follow-up appointment about my Pap exam. It turns out that I have mild  Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia. This is an abnormal growth of cells on the cervix. It is a little like pre-pre cancer cells. In this stage (CIN 1), it often goes away without treatment, so she suggested that I return in one to two years from the pap test. If at that point, it has stayed the same, she might want to do a colposcopy and biopsy. If it has progressed to moderate (CIN2) that she might want to loop electrosurgical excisional procedure.

2 comments:

  1. Just seeing this now. Well, on one hand it is pre pre as you stated, but shoot! Wish you could just catch a break. You are amazing! You have this! Prayers continued.

    ReplyDelete