A journal of my experiences with breast cancer to inform those who are interested and to help any one else who might have just been diagnosed.

“[She] will have no fear of bad news; [her] heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.” Psalm 112:7

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Three and 1/2 Year Checkup

I went to my oncologist for my 3 1/2 year check-up which came at a good time as I mysteriously had a period after 3 years of not having any. This alarmed my oncologist as the cancer fighting drug I am now taking is only effective if one is in menopause. He wants me either to go back to using Tamoxifen or he wants me to take shots once a month to make sure I am in menopause. He also wants me to get checked out by my gynecologist to make sure the bleeding doesn't indicate something serious.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'll be praying that it's nothing serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep us updated. I cannot imagine how these things could rattle one's nerves. You are ALWAYS in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be so.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it has been that long!! Prayers for a all being well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope this is not a set back.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Likewise, I do hope this isn't a set back. I will keep you in my prayers, and do let us know when you hear anything.

    ReplyDelete